unvented cylinder and economy 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all my rare visit into here.

I have a tenented premises that has an old style meter black thing with dials with a newish consumer board. the landlord has asked me to fit a direct unvented cylinder. Obviously it would be best to get the electricity supplier to change the meter for a dualrate meter/economy7. Any idea how much this would cost.
I assume we would also need an additional board for the economy 7.
any electrical work will be carried out by nic sparkies :) not me.

Sponsored Links
Having a cylinder doesn't nessecarily mean you need eco7. Are there storage heaters?

AFAIK a supplier will change your meter for free if you go onto (or off) E7.
E7 is not any cheaper unless you use 40% or more of your total power off peak. So as Steve said, are the night storage heaters in the property?

Sponsored Links
E7 is not any cheaper unless you use 40% or more of your total power off peak.

I don't know of any suppliers where that's the case. It's normally around 15% because a typical domestic user would use 15% of his total kWh during the E7 low rate periods. Then plus an extra standing charge to cover the cost of a time or radio tele switch.

Sometimes the extra standing charge is buried in the day kWh or a primary block of kWh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back