unvented cylinder tundish dripping

Sponsored Links
The leaking water is just one of the protective devices operating.

You can continue to use it but best to get it serviced within a few days.

Dripping is worse now and constant, I rent my place and letting agency is taking forever to arrange repair. Is it best to switch boiler off? Turn water off at mains when I'm not using it?
Tell letting agency that you are concerned for your own welfare and the potential for damage to your landlord's property, to such an extent that you will call in a plumber/engineer yourself and will forward the bill to them!
Put this in writing and send it registered, as well as an email to the landlord, if you have their details!
Go on the premise that it has the potential to become an "emergency" if left unaddressed!

Edit: And, yes, turn everything off, as you can then declare that you have no hot water/ heating!
Sponsored Links
And tell your tenant not to have both immersion heaters on at the same time.
When he wrote "I rent my place " I thought he meant he rented it out:whistle: just reread and see he the tenant, so advice is still the same dont have both immersions on at the same time .;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local