Unvented Cylinder with Combi Boiler help

if that person who installed that worked for me i would rip it out and tell him to do it again , it smacks a diy job ;)

Sponsored Links
Bad news. With no power to the vented cylinder, although the high readings on the smart electricity meter have dropped - unfortunately this afternoon we have no hot water from the taps.

I'm confused as I would expect if the cylinder is being filled by the system boiler then the water should still be hit as we only cut power to the immersion heater last night.

Any ideas guys?

Get it looked at by a professional and expect to be told it needs hte primary pipe work and controls redoing. Like we said - it is a total disaster of an installation and chances are the immersions was left running to mask the problems.

Sponsored Links
An update - it turned out that the valve between the boiler and the cylinder had been shut off, hence the heavy use of electricity. Since opening it though the boiler appears to be heating most if not all of the day (every time I've been up to check it, it's on or pumping) and I can hear it at night.

Could anyone recommend someone to potentially redo the installation? We're in the Oldham area. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back