unvented cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install an unvented cylinder in a cupboard in a flat. The cupboard also houses the washing machine whos wastepipe goes throught the wall into the bathroom.

Is it likely that this waste pipe would be suffuicient to take the pressure relief output from the cylinder? I'm thinking temperature rating. The waste is done in the standard white plastic with pushfit joints.

Many thanks

I know I will ulimately need some certification but want to make sure the idea is possible.

Sponsored Links
Afraid not, relief pipework from an unvented cylinder should be metal for a start and properly sized taking into account distance and bends.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies.
I found an article saying hepvos are now approved for this application feeding into the soil stack and that plastic pipes may be OK. Heard of this??

Actually it seems it's going to be a pain in he backside all round so I'm going to look into shower pumps instead.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back