Unvented Direct System - 120Litres - Which is best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking at getting an unvented direct system fitted to a ground floor flat of mine. The hot water pressure is hopeless and the only means of heating is electric so I thing this type of system would be best..

I know there are a number of manufacturers of these systems - Megaflow, Santon, Gledhill, Tempest, OSO, Tribune and more, is there really anything to choose between them?

I am aware that the MegaFlo has an internal expansion system (the bubble), which whilst it looks better I gather that these can cause problems and sometimes require the bubble re-setting.

I know the installer will be required to be G3 certified..

Sponsored Links
Hi, I am looking at getting an unvented direct system fitted to a ground floor flat of mine. The hot water pressure is hopeless and the only means of heating is electric so I thing this type of system would be best..

I know there are a number of manufacturers of these systems - Megaflow, Santon, Gledhill, Tempest, OSO, Tribune and more, is there really anything to choose between them?

I am aware that the MegaFlo has an internal expansion system (the bubble), which whilst it looks better I gather that these can cause problems and sometimes require the bubble re-setting.

I know the installer will be required to be G3 certified..

Nothing special between them. Most come with at least a 10 year warranty. I would go with the external expansion vessel.
If your pressure is really poor vented tank and pump might be better.

All unvented cylinders rely on a good dynamic mains water pressure!

Have you measured yours?

The Megaflow is about the most expensive which is why I prefer the Santon ( same maked just another name! )

So if 125 li is adequate, is that just with one person living there?

Tony

Sponsored Links
There are two occupants at the flat.
I've not measured the water pressure but it seems pretty good.

I seem to recall a plumber once telling me it was 3 BARG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back