Unvented pressure problems

Sponsored Links
The problem is that when the two showers in the house are used there is a slight drop in pressure. However, in the coach house if the shower is run the supply to the showers in the main house stops completely.

Coach house? They have a coach house?

Is the shower in said coach house supplied with DHW from the unvented cylinder?

Is the shower in the coach house supplied with cold water from the equal pressure outlet from the pressure reducing valve on the unvented cylinder?

If you have mains pressure going in the cold connection of the mixing valve it may cause problems with the reduced pressure coming out of the unvented cylinder.

It may be a problem with flow rates; measure the flow from coach house shower and see if there is any scope for reducing it with flow regulators.

You also need written approval from the water supplier before fitting any pump capable of more than 12 l/min connected direct to the mains.

what kind of valve is on the incoming mains? is it the manufacturers combi valve or a pressure reducing valve and seperate strainer etc.

Sponsored Links
Cylinder has a combination valve on cold supply. The coach house is supplied from balanced supplies from the cylinder in the main house. I did consider pressure reducing valves on the supplies to the coach house but after what's been discussed it seems flow is the issue. I shall put forward your suggestion Onetap, but ultimately I think the mains supply will need a kick up the a**e. Thanks for advice guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back