Unvented/pressurised cylinder

Bloody hell a 15-20 min shower is hardly a crime!!

I don't smoke,take drugs,gamble & certainly don't drive a Range Rover! We both work full time pay our taxes & water bill (YES WE ARE ON A METER SO PAY FOR EVERY DROP UNLIKE SOME!).

Some people take the p with hosepipes, baths, washing cars etc that's their business.

I have a 15-20 min shower it's the only time of the day I get to myself. Can we actually get back to the topic...which cylinder & what size do I need?

Sponsored Links
300 litres is fine, don't forget your children will grow to teenage age and they will want to have a shower twice a day.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Bloody hell a 15-20 min shower is hardly a crime!!

I don't smoke,take drugs,gamble & certainly don't drive a Range Rover! We both work full time pay our taxes & water bill (YES WE ARE ON A METER SO PAY FOR EVERY DROP UNLIKE SOME!).

Some people take the p with hosepipes, baths, washing cars etc that's their business.

I have a 15-20 min shower it's the only time of the day I get to myself. Can we actually get back to the topic...which cylinder & what size do I need?

Well, Olive & I drink, take drugs, smoke etc etc etc. Brought up three well adjusted & succesful kids, never had to hide in the shower yet!!

Very little to do with the capacity of the cylinder, more to do with the cylinder coil & recovery times.

20 minutes in the shower you're having a laff luv??!!
I have a Navy shower every morning, in & out in 5 minutes.

A Navy shower?
In salt water? Or with sailors? Do you turn off the water whilst soaping?

We need to know these things.

A Navy shower?
In salt water? Or with sailors? Do you turn off the water whilst soaping?

We need to know these things.

Ah, Onetwat how refreshing to hear from you!! I hope this find you well? I did think you were banned?

SO...decided to go with a 300L!

Now to decide which brand - OSO SC, Vaillant Unistor or Joulle? Opinions please?

Using the Vaillant Ecotec 35kw system boiler

I have a 6-bed 3-bathroom + 1 WC house and I have a 210l unvented cylinder.

We never run out of hot water.

You may well need a bigger cylinder, but I just can't imagine a 400l cylinder being efficient for you.
Just installed two 500 litre cylinders in a large house comprising of 7 beds/6 bathrooms/1 cloakroom/2 kitchens/1 shower room.....recovery rate from 10c to 65c for both cylinders is around 25 minutes..:)

Just installed two 500 litre cylinders in a large house comprising of 7 beds/6 bathrooms/1 cloakroom/2 kitchens/1 shower room.....recovery rate from 10c to 65c for both cylinders is around 25 minutes..:)

So even if we run out of water we would only have to wait half hour for it to be full of hot water again? :)

We've narrowed it down to either a Joulle or the OSO sc. I have no idea if there is any technical different between the two eg in heat recovery times etc? Could someone please advise? Ot is it just a brand difference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back