Country
United Kingdom
My mate has economy 7 heating and the hot water is done off
An unvented cylinder. Luke warm water kept coming from tundish
So I replaced the expansion vessel but still same problem I then
Changed the unit after the cold water mains but problem is still there
Any ideas?[/code]

Sponsored Links
The temperature and pressure relief may be letting by.
As mentioned you will need to someone qualified to work on unvented hot water systems to take a look.

Sponsored Links
The pressure vessel probably just needed re charging and the PRV seating may need cleaning ( a bit of carp may be in there). Or replace

I hope your mates not paying for all the parts :p

The first you would check is where is the water coming from via tundish, there are two sources you need to check: pressure relief valve or temperature relief valve.

Daniel.

In that case if you've replaced vessel the only reasons you would see water at tundish is overheating or the t&p relief is letting by. As you say water is only lukewarm I'd assume the latter. Shut off mains supply to cylinder, open lowest hot tap and drain down past t&p relief. Remove t&p relief and clean or replace. Refill cylinder and it should stop.

I hope your friends loaded as you've already spent at least £200 of his money that he didn't need to spend.
Clean or replace the t&p relief on the cylinder.

You could have mains water at full pressure back filling the cylinder, it happens when showers ect arent balanced, a nrv gets stuck and the water at a higher pressure finds its way back to the cylinder and causes the p and t valve to open.

A photo of pipework and cylinder would be great.

You need to check which it is coming from, from PRV or TRV.
If the PRV is new and not running then it must be TRV letting by. If the TRV is faulty, replace it. TRV does not open on pressure, only temperature.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back