Unvented sealed system, pressure drop, and no conclusion..!

Thats a pretty significant leak. My guess would have been there is a section of pipework underfloor leaking. Have you checked all drops below ground level?

Sponsored Links
yes I have checked all pipe work, which is ALL run in the downstairs ceiling, You say a significant leak, the four plumbers so far reckon about a tea cup everytime..!
Can you understand the frustration.. 4 plumbers (corgi type) all boards up 4 times, about £120 quid down and new pump, auto vent and expansion vessel.
I'm going to install gate valves on the boiler and see if the leak is in the boiler.
All 4 plumbers say that i would just have a new boiler..! Seeing as this one is 8 yrs old..!

I'm going to install gate valves on the boiler and see if the leak is in the boiler..!

Noooo! :cry: please don't use them 'orrible gate valves. Invest in full bore isolation valves, eg screwfix 45277. You could do the same on your downstairs drops to see which part of the system is to blame. Divide the problem up into smaller bits.

My advice is not to use leak sealer unless its your really final resort.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks. I would not use leak sealer, i wnat too fix the problem not mask it. It's just difficult getting some-one whos interested

Ok thanks. I would not use leak sealer, i wnat too fix the problem not mask it. It's just difficult getting some-one whos interested

Leak sealer won't work anyway :rolleyes: You wnat to fix the problem, get a new boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back