Unvented System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I moved in to a new (to me) house not so long ago, and have had a bit of an issue recently.

When the heating (it seems) has been off for a while, when the boiler fires back up, there is a small puddle of water under it, but that is the only time it leaks, and has just started doing it.

I checked the pressure of the central heating, and it is only at 1 bar when hot (not sure of cold), and the red needle is also set at 1 bar......is this the correct pressure?

There is an unvented hot water tank, which is also heated by the same boiler - but there doesn't look like there is anything on there to check pressure wise.

The boiler is a Potterton Promax HE.

My main question is, could the low heating pressure be the cause for the boiler occasionally dumping some water?

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
The pressure when cold should be whatever the red needle is set to. 1 bar would be typical.

My main question is, could the low heating pressure be the cause for the boiler occasionally dumping some water?
No, it's totally unrelated to pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back