unvented water and combi combined

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am a heating & plumbing contractor I am gas registered and have just done the unvented water course at collage .I have question relateing to a glowworm ultracom 2 35store this is a unvented cylinder and combi boiler combined .The temp relief valve comes out of the top of the boiler and has tundish suplied with it but the preassure relief vave is under the boiler conected to the preassure reduceing valve .The two items can not be conected together in the under 600mm measurement given for D1 pipe so I belive I need to fit a seperate dicharge pipe with its own tundish for the preasure relief vave discharge .Can any anyone confirm this as the book with the boiler is not clear on this .Also can I join the two D2 pipes together after both tundishs .I will be running to out side gully for discharge so i was going to run one 28mm pex pipe as it now says in G3 it is ok for pex to be used .I have seen on here that people say it ok to use polypropylene push fit waste marked pp this is not mentioned in G3 and was never talked about on the course is ok to use pp waste for the run for the two D2 pipes I know this is quite a few Questions but just trying to clear it up in my own mind as this is a fairly new model boiler glowworm have brought out .Cheers :confused:

Sponsored Links
As it is supplied as a complete product it passes the regs.

glowworm will have tested and certified its safety.

Register with the Combustion Chamber for more detailed professional advice ;)

The {return} key is helpful too :p

Thanks Dan have now registered for that area did not know about the seperate area .I did ring glowworm and the guy I spoke said if thats the measurement in G3 (600mm D1) then you can not connect them within that measurement you will need to two seperate d1 pipes connected to two tundishes but they only suply one I asked why and he had no answer to that .Rich ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back