Unwanted Surface plug sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have more sockets than I need. I would like to make them all flat against the wall. But I’m no diy expert. How do I make them flat against the wall? Can I just block them as not using these plugs. So annoying as can’t place furniture Because of them. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
They can be recessed in to the wall, if the wall can be channelled out. It may still be necessary to do some channelling even if you just wanted to blank them off, to accommodate the necessary connectors.

You'd need to use metal back boxes though - those plastic ones are only for surface mounted outlets.

If you can turn the power off and open the sockets up to see what's inside it will help - take a photo and upload it. Chances are looking at that there's probably spurs serving two of the double sockets given how untidy they are and it could well be you end up with either one double socket of even a single socket. As for the Telephone sockets they can be recessed with single back boxes and maybe you could end up with just a single outlet or none at all depending on where your main phone is and served?

Sponsored Links
What is the wall made of, and how thick is it?

Where is the nearest socket that's sunk into the wall?

1687976040148.png
This sort of thing will allow you to fill the two holes with what you want. British General Nexus Metal 13A 4-Gang DP Combination Plate Brushed Steel Grey (3241F) number is Screwfix. There are many others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back