Update to my plaster disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I took the plunge and removed the bubbling cracked paint and it came off in chunks, think it's just the old layers of paint and paper as the grey/white plaster underneath is nice and smooth. However I can now see the full extent of the water damage from a roof leak. Plaster was just grey dust. Cleaned it out and am left with the below.

Can I just fill it with fresh plaster? Or do I need to do anything else? Do I need to repoint the brickwork behind it as well? Photo attached :)

Thanks all!

Attachments

• PXL_20210323_195622144.jpg
    PXL_20210323_195622144.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 120
Sponsored Links
I would make it one big hole and fill that rather than trying to fill all those channels..

To my mind (and I'm not a plasterer) the difficulty is getting a good invisible join between the old and the new. One large lake with no islands will have a much smaller coastal area then all those fjords.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back