Updated texecom ios app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy to see texecom have updated their apps yesterday to a much better design and now have push notifications. And seem to have included the log in the keypad app rather than the engineer app.
Also much great to be able to use the finger print to log in,making it quick more secure than the auto login.

I haven't been able to test the notifications yet but does the warning that the panel needs programming for push notifications just mean standard comip setup or something additional, ie mobile number in as an arc? I am not sure how the panel knows how to send notification to the app otherwise?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to jump onto this thread but could I pick youre brains Secureiam.

I've got a fully working Pemier Elite 12 fitted myself last summer with a 3rd party GSM dialler working from the outputs.

If I was to buy a COM IP and install would this give me (via the new push service) all allerts i.e service messages as well as arm and disarm messages?

Does the push service require a static IP and do you think Texecom may charge for the push service in the future?

Last question, how easy or hard is it to get the engieers part of the App unlocked by Texecom for an avid DIY'er? if not does the software keypad in the app allow programming, the same as if you was actually in front of the real keypad?

cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
In answer to the last part even the keypad app allows full programming as if you were in front of it, access depending on which user code you enter.

its at Texecoms discretion but usually they only unlock for registered installers

I am looking into the setups on new and old system, i am told it works, but appears I must be doing something wrong.

You don't need the engineers app to get this configured just access to the comip manual thats new and the app user manual.

I now have it working on an old 48 the issue was due the gsm module no credit and not on testcall, needed to initiate a test call to activate the server notifications

That's great. Do you have a copy of the new comip manual. I have done all the app user manual steps but can't find updated comip manual online.

please accept my apologies whilst I do have the engineers manual I am unable to provide end users with a copy.

The manual is new so will take time to filter through the system.

It is on the Texecom website and registered installers can download it, some suppliers may have it on there sites but its probably not been indexed yet by the search engines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back