Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Swann system about 6/7 year old comprise:
NVR4-7400, and four number cameras hard wired with cat5e
Dont know what model the camera's are I bought the system from Maplins before it disapeared (set at 1080 ressolution
if that makes sense)
Could you please advise on what upgrade will give me better images, particulaly night time.
I would also like to add an internal camera to the NVR, either hardwired or wifi
Re; cost, it's difficult putting a cost on the upgrade but the system is for a detached house in a rural area
with not much crime so something that is good enough to do a job without over cooking it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Please read Cameras need to be specified for the job they need to do not what cheap kit you can buy off the shelf, all though they may be okay.

There are numerous threads on here that cover this subject one way or another.

There are thousands of cameras out there.

1. Look up DORI
2.Decide what DORI you would like (DETECT, OBSERVE, RECOGNISE, IDENTIFY)
3. Measure the distance from where the camera is to be mounted and the object or area you want to view.
4. Does the spec sheet for the camera meet DORI element you want at the distance from the camera?
5. Lighting, for example:-
Darkfighter will give good colour image if there is illumination nearby, Colour Vu will give better
Darkighter will be black and white using (IR) when ColorVu is still colour
If ColorVu gives a Black white image because the white light isn't on, dark fighter will be pitch black (if IR isnt used)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back