Upgrading bathroom lights Danger???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i have just purchased and installed a bathroom mirror (square) with the lights inside that shine on your face when brushing teeth etc. my question is can i upgrade these bulbs, they are 12v 5w bi pin halogen lights, in the insrtructions it says do not exceed max wattage which is 6 x 5w!, the mirror lights are not bright enough and ideally i want to fit 10w bulbs, why cant i fit these what is the danger will it overheat or something,?, i could upgrade the transformer?, thanks for help phil

Sponsored Links
If you upgrade the lamps the chances are you will need to upgrade the transformer.
The danger of upgrading the lamps is the lampholders and lampshades/covers overheating and melting due to the heat,
Probably best to stick to the manufacturers recommendations or take it back and get a brighter one.
Probably not what you wanted to hear. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back