Upgrading faulty thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post, so please be gentle with me :oops:

We've currently got a Honeywell T6360 thermostat, however, it's now playing up as it doesn't always switch off when the desired temperature is reached.

As a result, we're looking to replace it.

We could do a like for like swap, but was looking to upgrade to the Honeywell CM907. Can this be installed as a straight swap?

If so, is it something I can install by myself?

Hopefully that wasn't too bad as a opening post? :cool:

Sponsored Links
Not bad at all.

Obviously, with the size difference you'll need to check there's enough space for the larger stat, and to open the flap. You can compare these stats here and here, where .pdf documents with technical specifications are referenced.

Thanks for the links xerxes. I've looked through the 2 pdf's and the T6360 looks quite straightforward. However, the CM907 looks like a maze of cables as there are 8 different variations!?

Can anyone who understands it tell if the wiring is compatible?

Thanks again.

907 is battery operated for the time switch & display, so only needs 2 wires to it, live feed and switched return, probably the red and yellow on your existing stat.

Sponsored Links
Be careful if it is fed by 2 wires, dont presume which wire is which ;)
I came across a person who had an old stat fed by 3 wires and then upgraded it to a digi stat which only needed 2 wires - he should have connected the perm live and switch live to the new digi stat but instead connected the perm live and neutral which wasnt needed on the new stat. Needless to say when the temp fell the stat kicked in and bang - blew his boiler circuit board lol

Hi all,

I received a short and sweet email back from Honeywell today, as I sent them an email at the weekend. Hopefully people may find this useful:

Yes it can be installed the connections would be

T6360
1 goes to A of the CM907
3 goes to B of the CM907
2 (neutral no longer required make electrically safe)

So should be pretty straightforward and thanks for everyones input. This site is now part of my favourites, as it may come in useful again :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back