Upgrading Honeywell T6360B to wireless RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Looking to change our old Honeywell room stat in the hallway. I want to change to wireless (not via wifi, RF only), and am looking for something that:
a) is 7-day programmable;
b) programmer looks nice (e.g. blue backlit, not Fisher Price);
c) receiver is capable of wiring into where the old Honeywell stat is.

c) is important because I want to keep the job simple and I reckon having the receiver near the boiler will create poor RF connection because the boiler is a distance from the main living area (lots of walls).

I'm not too fussed on brand, although I hear good things about Honeywell, Salus and Horstmann..

Boiler is a conventional, Baxi Solo 3 PFL70.

Any thoughts /recommendations please?

In terms of wiring, the current setup has:

red wire into terminal 1
blue wire into terminal 3
yellow wire into earth
green wire not connected and stuffed into recess behind backplate.

I'll need to do some testing but I assume:

red is permanent live
blue is neutral (and will need to be terminated in new setup)
yellow is indeed earth (and will also need to be terminated in new setup)
green is switchable live and needs to be connected and bridged to perm live in new setup

I take it I have the essential wiring here to provide enough functionality in a wireless setup?

Thanks,
J
WP_20160418_001.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No, I didn't read your post. I closed my eyes and just hit the phone screen like one of the infinite monkies and then stabbed the post button.

What did I type?

Great. I asked for a) recommendations on wireless RF units, b) is the existing wiring sufficient to go into a wireless receiver. And I posted a pic.
And what I got back was c) response on neither from trolls. Sheesh, I'll find another forum with hopefully fewer smart @rses.

If you are competent to do the work, the wiring diagram would have said all. Rather than whinging, do the reading.
Yep I am competent. Tested wiring and worked out that the blue/neutral wire was in fact switched live, and so all up and running now with a choice of stat that another forum was kind enough to help me out with (per my question).
But hey, thanks for your no-help, pomposity and generally not answering the question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back