Upgrading radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small house, with 5 single radiators and an Apollo Fanfare Si boiler, which is at least 8 years old, probably older.

My question is, how easy is it to upgrade the radiators from singles to doubles? Is it just a question of taking the singles out and replacing them with doubles? Will the pressure of additional water make the boiler (and pump?) more likely to fail?

Sponsored Links
as long as the are the same length then pretty much yes. you will possibly have to fit new brackets depending on how (un)lucky you are. make sure you remember to put the little plastic spacers on the brackets when you do it.

it woujld also be worthwhile maybe running some restorer in the system a few days before hand and then giving the system a good few fills/refills with fresh water before you installl the new rads, and of course chuck in a bottle of 'branded' inhibitor when you fill for the last time.

maybe also take the opportunity to fit some new valves to the system including thermostatic valves but be sure to leave at least one without the thermostat (bathroom).

maybe also take the opportunity to fit some new valves to the system including thermostatic valves but be sure to leave at least one without the thermostat (bathroom).
And of course the rad in the room where the roomstat is, should not have a trv either.

Sponsored Links
:oops:

mines wireless though, so trv's all around
???
Don't see any difference between wired and wireless stat, as far as working is concerned; you still shouldn't have a trv where the sensing part of the roomstat is.

depending on where im spending my time dictates where the room stat is.... kithchen/diner or the tv room. or if im lazy bedroom. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back