Gloworm

Soggy_weetabix said:
markplumb said:
nothing wrong with gloworms, fitted a few cxi over the last couple of years and not a single problem with any one of them, was quite surprised to see others saying they are so unreliable.

You have never had to replace the internal filling loop?

Done 6 last week

Dave

nope, they are not my normal fit but they have been an option iv'e given people and had nothing wrong with them so continued speccing them, soft water area and systems are cleaned before fitting.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to Chris, I cleaned the plate in the 30 CXI after moving the drying machine to the left of the boiler.

Looking at the MI last night I saw that they do NOT ask for sufficient clearance on the left to remove the plate.

Doing it from the front looks as if it would be very time consuming!

Quite simple boilers and I am sure fairly reliable on a clean system.

I identified a simple modification that would cost NOTHING and slightly increase the reliability!

Tony

Am I correct in thinking that Glow Worms (spit emoticom) need at leat about 75mm clearance to the left for repair etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back