UPVC cladding - for a porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I've got a porch which at the moment is just an angled roof with a wooden bracket underneath. i want to box in the sides and bottom of the roof, to make it enclosed - so i can put an exterior spot lights in the newly created celing of the porch.

I was assuming i could just use some upvc cladding / tongue and groove type materail, as i think this would look the best, but unsure what i should be looking for and where!? any suggestions??

ta.

Sponsored Links
you will need a frame to fix it as clading is thin and no strength
you need support every 400-600mm dependant on thickness

Once you've done what big-all says, you'll be neededing hollw cladding sometimes called hollow soffit, its the cheapest and easiest stuff to use.

Sponsored Links
dont bother with wickes it is far too expensive try eurocell they have branches in redhill, hastings and bognor regis in your area a 5m length will be about £8 and they will deliver cheers

dont bother with wickes it is far too expensive try eurocell they have branches in redhill, hastings and bognor regis in your area a 5m length will be about £8 and they will deliver cheers

they are tucked away in redhill we went all over the holmthorpe estate looking for them wasted an hour looking everywhere :D :D
through the railway bridge turn left through the first gate/opening and about 5th on the left

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back