UPVC cladding has a purple tint to it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just checking it’s not just me that can see the purple tinge to parts of the UPVC cladding on my windows and fascia as per the attached photo? There’s a clear contrast between the black and the purple tinge under it. Windows and doors are only a year old.
Thanks

Attachments

• 4373E26C-D769-49AC-B3DF-5B206AE4AA23.jpeg
    4373E26C-D769-49AC-B3DF-5B206AE4AA23.jpeg
    668.5 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
There looks to be a difference... are they both 'foiled' colours or is the cill painted?

If it's paint, I'm wondering if it's UV that's affected it.

There looks to be a difference... are they both 'foiled' colours or is the cill painted?

If it's paint, I'm wondering if it's UV that's affected it.
it’s not painted, we ordered it in black UPVC from the company that supply’s and installs them. I know there will be a slight tinge when exposed to the sun but that’s probably a little bit too much if I’m quite honest. It’s not everywhere only in a few places. Just wondering whether it would fall under warranty?

Sounds daft but make sure its not a reflection of something your wearing, does it affect other frames in different sunlights? Other than that it could be a warranty claim

Sponsored Links
Sounds daft but make sure its not a reflection of something your wearing, does it affect other frames in different sunlights? Other than that it could be a warranty claim
It’s just the sun reflecting on it. And you can see that the cladding above it is still black in colour even though the sun is also reflecting at that too. A few other places have the same issue but not as noticeable especially on the window frames. If it’s a defect then they would need to replace quite a few of these plus some window frames.. I doubt that they would do that under warranty?

Are you sure the protective film has been removed ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back