UPVC Door adjustment help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a UPVC door which has dropped a small amount so it rubs along the bottom of the door frame, after looking at some 'how to' guides on on the web, I am not making any progress and my hinges look exactly the same as the examples given.

My (three) hinges look this:
IMG-4580.jpg

Any advice or tips please?

Sponsored Links
20200801_185001.jpg

Turn the cross head screws OR allen bolts(green arrows), they'll only turn 180° so turn them whichever way you need to to get the hinge pin(blue) to move, assuming you have 3 hinges then adjust top hinge so the pin moves towards the wall away from the lock side, adjust the bottom hinge the opposite way so towards the lock side, let the door pivot on the middle hinge, you will have now cocked the door over in the frame thus lifting the bottom up and away from the threshold

Thank you for the advice. That’s allowed some adjustment but not required height adjustment.

From the front of the door, the left edge is a bit lower than the right so the gutter at the bottom catches the bottom of the door frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back