UPVC Door damage. Repair Kit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to drill a hole in my door as I was fitting a new lock but the chuck to the drill damaged the UPVC door. How can I fix this, the wife is mad! Any one recommend a repair kit, or a way to fix this.

Sponsored Links
Safe to say Im in the dog house (new house).. Ok give the kit a go... Whats the worst that can happen ;)

Pull the rubber out the way, then start building up layers of wax using a soldering iron, the kit is expensive but it includes a gas powered soldering iron, as well as everything you need, just buy the hard wax sticks and get a soldering iron from elsewhere, make sure it has a flat blade type head so you can load it up with wax, oh and don't get the iron too hot, the wax will just disappear :D

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmm NO! If you were to use that then divorce would surely follow, that is used as a frame sealant much like silicone

Best bet is a white 2 part filler. Cuprinol do one. It's like car body filler but white.

I have had success rebuilding the bottom seal of a UPVC door frame that was broken. It is very difficult to see that there is a repair!
The following products were used:
*Unibond Repair Power Epoxy: glue that rely sticks well to UPVC
*Blue-Gee Microfibres : Thickener for epoxy Resins, making the glue into a filler. This is available from shops that sell parts for boats. http://www.bluegee.co.uk/product/bonding-additive-microfibres-250ml/
This sands down very easily.
*PVCU primer : I used a CROWN trade primer, but there are many available.
* Gloss white paint to finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back