Upvc door hinge removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My upvc door has got stuck in the closed position , handle comes down but the locking cams will not move, suspect faulty lock barrel which I intend to drill out.
If this fails what I can see as another option is to remove door hinges.
As shown in pic there seem to be covers over where they are attached to the door and they seem pretty rigid, door was originally purchased from wickes.
Before I result to brute force anybody know how these covers come off??
Thx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 3,763
Sponsored Links
Not much help I'm afraid usually you need to open the door and undo a screw on the back of the flag hinge.
Then it slides to one side and comes off, rather like removing an old style night latch lock from the inside of a door.

Do a bit of research on line about snapping euro locks that might be your quickest solution.

Sounds like the gearbox is knackered, Breaking the cylinder is unlikely to help and as mentioned you cant open the hinge covers without opening the door.
Some tips in this thread.
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/opening-a-door-thats-locked-shut.443049/

Basically there is always a chance of damaging the door even for a pro, I would recommend getting someone in who is insured for this.
It may even be worth checking your home insurance to see if the door is covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back