UPVc Door Locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Inside, Barrel of Euro cylinder is quarter turn and can't get the key back in fully, only goes half way in. Key would turn from the outside at all. The door is lock and can't open it. Anything I can do before replace the lock barrel?
Picture show key hole will not go straight up.

Attachments

• WP_20180104_20_58_20_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20180104_20_58_20_Pro (2).jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
Corin H, good evening.

Have you tried WD40 spray?

Spray some WD into both key channels inside and out wait a while and try to insert the key?

Ken.

Try lifting the handle and see if it will shift upwards any further. The barrell shouldn't be in that position, because it would have to be vertical to take the key out after it had been locked.

I suspect the barrel will need to be drilled out and replaced.

Cylinder is knackard.
Getting the old one out may be a challenge, It has a kite-mark so likely antisnap, bump and pick.

Is it under guarantee? If not it might me a job for the pros

Sponsored Links
Are you able to adjust the hinges on the door so that it moves away from the lock; you might be able to then bump the door open, and then see if you can unscrew the lock. You can unscrew the handle to see if it'll give access in to the lock surrounding area, as the fitters might have been a bit enthusiastic when cutting the hole out.

Try all above, new lock in the end. Drill and snapped it out.

Looks good as new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back