Upvc door on cil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
After laying the cill I am looking at how the door sits on it.
Seems I can rest it just inside a raised lip or use a rebate in the door to slot on to the cill. See photos.
My question is which one is right in the rebate or inside the lip.

I have used an off cut from the cill in the pictures.
15A46B42-A9EE-4182-AE97-96951030AC21.jpeg 17FF0362-16F5-4ABC-B322-8B2ACF95C27B.jpeg

Sponsored Links
As per first picture, note how the outer groove on the door frame overhangs the flat on the cill, within that groove is the concealed drainage, if you fitted as per second picture the drainage slots would be obstructed

We got the door fitted. Thank you again Crank39.

we are looking at the window now and apparently I need a coupler and some trim to join the window to the door.

What shop would sell couplers and coupler trim?

West Midlands area

Sponsored Links
Have you already got the window? Coupler depends if you've accounted for it, if you already have the window will there be a gap between the two to fit a coupler?

To buy one try where you bought the door from, or there's online places like window ware, truly pvc to name just two, there are various types of coupler, basic plastic H section right through to heavy duty aluminum ones with white clip on covers which can be quite thick, they stop the door frame 'whipping' when closing

Thank you. I didn’t want to order the window until I saw the door in and couplers ready so I can measure the gap.

I think now it’s the metal ones with covers I need. So will try those online places mentioned. TimerCompositeDoors doesn’t do the couplers.

Without knowing all the details , and without sounding like a complete 4rse...... Does the door conform to building regs?? Surely that threshold is too high? Are you getting it signed of by building control once finished, seeing as you are fitting it yourself?

Generally Part M does not apply to extensions or material alterations of dwellings. However the extension of the dwelling or material alterations carried out MUST NOT make the building less satisfactory in relation to part M than it was before

Think it's just new builds Ronnie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back