Upvc door stuck closed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an upvc door on an outbuilding.
The door opens outwards.
I can lock and unlock ok
When trying to pull the door open it flexes in the top but refuses to open in the bottom.
I guess the mechanism has become disconnected somewhere in the bottom half.
There are 3 hinges on the door
Each hinge is in 2 halves
Bottom half is attached to the frame.
I can raise the door slightly and can see that the hinge pin is secured in the bottom half.
Question. Can the the hinge pins be punched up and removed or are they threaded in?

Or any advice on how to remove the door would be helpful.
Cheers

Attachments

• E55D7D88-2EF3-43FF-9AD4-C62C022B8045.jpeg
    E55D7D88-2EF3-43FF-9AD4-C62C022B8045.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Pretty sure you can't punch those hinges., best bet is to deglaze it , then unlock and uncatch it as much as possible , and wedge it in that position . Then using various tools ( usually stiff paint scrappers , L shaped bits of metal ) , you'll need to locate the cam/peg/hook that is stuck and try and work it free. Sometimes you can wedge the door open enough to actually get the top to clear the frame a little on the lock side and allow the door to be manipulated. The only big drawback is that you will likely dent/scuff/damage both the frame and sash , unless you protect the points you are using force against with some flatish metal ( i usually use another paint scraper or wide chisel resting between the pvc and whatever tool you are using to try and prise

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply

As it’s in a shed, I can’t get inside to remove glass. No other door and no window.
I can’t get a blade into the gap as door opens out, therefore the gap is covered by the door itself.

I’m trying to source similar hinges so I can cut them off with a disc cutter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back