Upvc door without a lock / barrel on outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

is there such a thing as a UPVC patio door that only has an internal locking mechanism and is flush on the outside? I.e. you can lock/unlock from inside only, go outside, close the door/open it again from outside (provided nobody locked it from the inside in the meantime)?

If so, can I convert an existing door somehow, e.g. with a half-barrel and a flush handle outside?

I never access from the outside, so for security reasons, I don't even want a barrel showing on the outside.

My option # 2 is the upgrade the handles and cylinder.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes it possible to get a blank handle. It would be cheaper and easier to just upgrade your euro cylinder to a high security one though.
I recommend the 3* ABS locks, You can get them from ebay for about £40.

Make sure you measure it correctly, Just ask here if you need a hand with that.l

Thank you. I have found blank/half-cylinder options that would seem to work, but the quality of the handles especially is quite poor. I think what you say is best and I will go with the ABS 3* and the Hoppe security handles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back