UPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am looking to purchase a second hand UPVC door,do i need to buy one for the exact size or can i get one and will the installer will be able to modify it?many thanks john

Sponsored Links
Exact size is brick to brick minus 10mm and becomes a standard fit for any installer so bear this in mind when shopping for second hand doors, if you find one thats too wide or too tall then it'll need shrinking and you'll only really have 15mm of removable plastic for width and height to play with, any more and your looking into opening up the internal chambers and removing reinforcing, not really something you should doing to a residential door, a shed or garage yes not house. If the door is too narrow or short then it can be made up with frame extenders or even foamed and trimmed over with strips of pvc, both scenarios are doable for an installer but expect to pay a little more for a non standard fit

Sponsored Links
Without wanting to upset the joiners on here i would say no, ask a PVC guy, they'll do it in half the time and be able to sort any alignment issues without any fuss or head scratching

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back