UPVC Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my UPVC front door painted. I bought a Zinnser Paint specifically for upvc (£94 for 5 litres). I got the UPVC panel replaced with a cottage style one last week as the old one had holes in it so the surface was immaculate and flat. Overall I’m happy, I knew that painting with a brush would t get that smooth factory finish that spraying would but TBH it has an almost wood grain look which I kind of like. The only problem is the bits I have attached. The painters baffled as to what caused it and tbh so am I. It was very sunny yesterday so maybe the paint blistered? I don’t know, I’m not a painter but was just wondering if there would be a way to make it less noticeable? I’m hesitant to sand it atm as the painter has only finished and I know this stuff takes up to 7 days to fully cure. Would sanding then touching up be advised once fully cured? I’m just really fussy. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DE213CFA-89E2-4DBA-A4C8-FF9A9BDB1FB4.jpeg
    DE213CFA-89E2-4DBA-A4C8-FF9A9BDB1FB4.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 88
  • EF06B8D9-63F7-48E1-A112-F249AA0A22FD.jpeg
    EF06B8D9-63F7-48E1-A112-F249AA0A22FD.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
Well, I would have replaced the panel with a coloured panel and took the paint code to the local Johnstones shop and got a mix to do the sash.

No idea what that 'idiot' is going on about.

As regards the touching up, is it actually a blister in the paint, or something else?

You don't really need to wait for the paint to fully cure before you lightly sand the affected area and touch up. It looks like water-based paint, going by the brush marks - but I could be wrong.

Surprised your painter didn't offer to put it right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back