UPVC doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should UPVC doors be level and square, I've had one fitted and although the frame is level the door is out of line and level so visually looks not good. One would assume if the frame is level the door should follow suit. Also the face-mounted hinges are not square, they are angling down. There is no adjustment on these as they are factory fitted, comments welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Hinge%20angled%20down_zpsmwqeakd8.jpg

IMG_2210_zpsovegw4yw.jpg

Sponsored Links
The UPVC doors on the wooden cill are shocking, these have been rejected, also note the gap in the window bead is this acceptable? looks short to me?
The angled hinge is on a different single door, can you comment on that, they should be set level and at 90 degrees surely? it's on this one the door is angling which is no surprise with hinges on de pi**

The hinges are angling down because of the weight of the door, if they weren't doing it already they'd certainly be doing it in 6 months.

The bead is short as you point out, I'd hazzard a guess and say they got them mixed up, both long ones on that side need swapping left to right, quite common.

Who pulled the trim off the bottom to reveal that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back