uPVC front door step chipped again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, our uPVC front door step has beading around the base that is vulnerable to being stepped on as people walk through.

Magicman have been in and repaired it last week, but given it's vulnerable location could not warrant the work. Now I feel stupid that I didn't choose something else as it's split/chipped already, and I'm worried could become as bad as last time

Local double glazing firms can't help as it's very old and not their installation.

Is there a product such as a strong tape that I can protect the step/beading with and prevent further damage please?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Here is before magicman visited

Attachments

• IMG_20240409_171711104.jpg
    IMG_20240409_171711104.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
Worth a shot thank you, feel I should have come to you guys first than spend £255 with MagicMan

Magic man can do some really good repairs but on a high traffic area like a threshold then once it's cracked then it's always going to crack, I'm surprised they didn't offer this as a solution along with a repair to help mitigate it cracking again

They put a zero warranty disclaimer on the job before the payment, however their engineer gave super confidence during the 3 hours he was here, saying he'd been doing similar for 7 years, and that it would take force to break his repair

Magic man can do some really good repairs but on a high traffic area like a threshold then once it's cracked then it's always going to crack, I'm surprised they didn't offer this as a solution along with a repair to help mitigate it cracking again
Yeah, I would have hoped for options on his visit

So they charged you £250 to repair a threshold, convinced you that it wouldn't crack again but then put a no warranty disclaimer on it, I'd be seriously unhappy, thats a poor show and I'd be leaving a poor review on trustpilot. Do a good job and stand by your work and warranty it, anyone can do what they've just done

We always recommend fitting the bars that Crank has linked to when a threshold is cracked, one of our suppliers years ago used to supply them with the doors as we ordered them. Guessing costs stopped that! To me the cover plate os the only coat effective way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back