UPVC gearbox type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

My door is starting to become very difficult to unlock. I changed the barrel out and it's still doing it. So, I guess I'm looking at replacing the gearbox next.
The handle works fine (pushing down) when the door is unlocked. To lock the door the small 'nipple' towards the top of the gearbox needs to be pushed in a mm or two, which allows me to rotate the handle upwards and engage the bolts. Once I turn the key, it sometimes unlocks straight away. Other times it could be upto 10 minutes of fiddling around, using a bit of force to turn the key, toget the door to unlock again. It does this if I just engage the bolts when the door is still open; so, it doesn't seem to be anything related to the door frame.
I tried looking for a similar gearbox, but couldn't find anything that had the 'nipple' on it.

Thanks,
Neil
IMG_0348.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back