UPVC Standard Front Door - Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Have had a new front door fitted, it is one one that you lift the handle up to engage the bolts, then lock. All good and everything.

But I used to have a wooden door with a yale lock.

The new door is always open when unlocked, i.e anyone from outside could let them self in while I am say in the garden, etc. This would not happen with the wooden door unless I put the lock on the "snip".

Is anything similar available for a PCV door? It is a pain to have to lock it each time, the good old yale lock dealt with this perfect.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
I assume it has a "latch" facility.

You could get different handles, and or a split cam which would prevent it being opened from outside.
Just remember it would need to be locked when going out or when going to bed as it is then just a latch and vulnerable.

The other option is to change the whole mechanism, but can be a minefield getting the correct one.

https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/handles-122/

Ooo the pad / leaver looks very interesting.

Thank you, I will look into this.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back