uPVC window handle snapped off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Is it possible for me to buy a handle and fit it or is a new window needed?

As you can see I loosened the screws and fed a cable tie around it for a makeshift handle but obviously it's not secure and the wind keps blowing it open.

The handle was horizontal and rotated 90 degrees upwards to unlatch. It snaqpped off a while ago and can't find it atm but it should still be around here somewhere if you need to see it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi,

It looks like you need a 'right hand' 'offset' uPVC window handle.
The 'right hand' means it opens anti-clickwise.
The 'offset' gives you space to put your hand around the handle, as your window cill is quite close.
The spacing and sizes of uPVC window handles are pretty standard; using those search terms should hopefully get you something suitable!

For example:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/fab-fix-rh-connoisseur-espagnolette-offset-window-handle-white/7791p

I hope that helps! :)

Hi

Please can someone help my window handle just snapped off I dont even know what type it is

Attachments

• 16380553732249007328974612552668.jpg
    16380553732249007328974612552668.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Hi

Please can someone help my window handle just snapped off I dont even know what type it is

Your handle doesn't have an offset, something like this may do:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-locke-lh-rh-prolinea-espagnolette-window-handle-white/2599G

My preference would still be for a R/H offset, as above - it has a positive stop in the closed position and gives more space for your hand to grip the handle.

However, for you and for @Croftie , if you have broken handles, this might suggest that the force needed to open and close the windows could be too great.
You may wish to look at lubricating, adjusting and checking the mechanisms for damage.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back