UPVC window hinge type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell what type of hinge this is? The hinge has an extra control arm in the middle which is missing on the majority I have seen including those fitted to my other windows. I have seen these hinges online but there is nothing to say why they are different. I want to replace them but want to know if I need to replace them with the same design or whether the simpler type without the extra arm will do the job. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220321_115540[1].jpg
    20220321_115540[1].jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell what type of hinge this is? The hinge has an extra control arm in the middle which is missing on the majority I have seen including those fitted to my other windows. I have seen these hinges online but there is nothing to say why they are different. I want to replace them but want to know if I need to replace them with the same design or whether the simpler type without the extra arm will do the job. Thanks.

is it an egress hinge or a restrictor hinge

I don't think it is either as the window seems to open fully. I have seen a couple of pictures of these suggesting they might be variable geometry hinges. I am more interested in finding some with the fixing holes in the same position as mine. Securistyle hinges seem to be the closest match and mine could well be Securistyle hinges as they look so similar. I will get a pair of these and see how things go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back