Upvc window restrictor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been told the slider/clip fitted inside my window frames, picture attached, is some sort of opening restrictor but I can't fathom how it works!

Is it or does it serve some other purpose?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Can't see how it can do much unless it's like the anti lifting blocks fitted to the top of patio doors, perhaps it prevents the window being levered up/down enough to disengage the latch.
Just a thought I might be talking rubbish though!

footprints

I would tend to agree - if it was a restrictor it would be fitted nearer the pivot edge rather than the opening edge, so it would prevent the hinge from sliding right back.

Sponsored Links
Your hinge in the pic, should have a balance leg at the other end of the small channel, the restrictor should clip into the larger channel preventing this from opening beyond that point.

Post another pic or two, showing the full hinge run or each side, also that clip turned over and closeup...pinenot

Its just a 'run up block', helps the sash locate centrally in the opening, nasty horrible things.......throw it away!

we call them travel packers to customers! thats all they are usefull for, is keeping the door/frame square while in transit. they just get in the way!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back