UPVC Windows Hinge Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
Probably a really easy fix to many of you out there but my first time with upvc doors....
My partner has been struggling to close her patio doors and it is because the door has knocked against the brickwork and it has worked loose the screws that go from the top hinge into the actual door ..could anyone please advise how best to repair..i cannot get a screwdriver onto the screw heads so i think its a door off job but wanted to know how best to do it.
I think she mentioned that it has been tightened before and its still worked loose.
thanks for any tips
..pics attached

Attachments

• overview_of_door.jpg
    overview_of_door.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 64
  • closeup_hinge1.jpg
    closeup_hinge1.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 63
  • closeup_hinge2.jpg
    closeup_hinge2.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 66
  • closeup_hinge_inside.jpg
    closeup_hinge_inside.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 59
  • closep_good hinge_rubber_cap_removed.jpg
    closep_good hinge_rubber_cap_removed.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
You'll need to knock the all 3 hinge pins out, it may have a small grub screw holding it in, and remove the door sash ( much easier taking glass out first....BUT from experience once the screws start pulling out like that on those types of hinges ( butt hinges ), they generally won't stay in. We generally change them for new ' flag hinges ' , usually Patriot Plus, which you can get a ' jig ' for to help put them in the right place.

And after you've fixed it, as long as it's not creating a trip hazard, install some kind of door stop to prevent the door from swinging open to that extent.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back