uPVC windows lock upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My parents have a window unit that opens to the outside (it was an old coal shed/store).

Can you get upgraded window handles for uPVC units, so that they are more secure?

As currently the handle and hence the window/door looks pretty vulnerable.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

My parents have a window unit that opens to the outside (it was an old coal shed/store).

Can you get upgraded window handles for uPVC units, so that they are more secure?

As currently the handle and hence the window/door looks pretty vulnerable.

Thanks in advance.

i take it,that its a upvc window..its called a casement(opens outward)..

i have them in my house,so i got a mate round to fix new bottom hinges..called restictor hinges,..these will only open the sash about 2" then you press the button on the bottom hinge to open the sash fully..(very secure)..also he fitted self engaging hooks...its a hook thats screwed to the opening side of the sash and a stud is screwed to the frame,this stops the sash opening any furher till you pull the sash back and release...belt and braces...but peice of mind....

the parts that we used were system 10 from whs/bowater...(just gave him a call there)...

best of

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back