Urgent! Advice on smashed (sewage) waste pipe in garden

I've a job I'm hoping to get employed for, the client has not been overjoyed to say the least by me wittering on about where his drains may be and holding up his quote as a result, despite three others before me all of whom never even mentioned his drains, following a £90 sonic survey it turns out there's a shared drain bang in line with the external corner of his proposed extension so his extension is gonna grow by a foot or so but his builder has a good idea where it is and the drawings can reflect reality and we have the camera footage for the water company, as mentioned not finding drainage is just lazy and stupid.

Sponsored Links
Apologies for not getting back sooner.

The job is done, I asked him about the inspection looking chamber and he said it was redundant. I don't think it would have been a problem to insert a cover with the patio if needed unless he forgot to instruct his employee to put one there!

Must I legally have one somewhere on my property because I don't think I have one? Could I share one with either one of my neighbours?

20170320_071249.jpg

I can only take his word for it as he's supposed to be the expert, just hope I won't find myself in a ****ty situation later on.

The main thing is that all runs of drain can be rodded from one end or the other. If that's from next door it's not ideal but at least possible. Our architect designed our extension with a chamber just outside, the builder tried to convince us he knew better but of course it depends whether they just want to save some time. So if you think one would be necessary to rod any part of your drains then get him to correct that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back