Blocked kitchen and garden drain ....help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a small patio'd back garden and noticed last night when I emptied the bath water was coming out the drain on the patio. Then saw that water was backing up out of my kitchen drain as well and flooding the patio. Will this cost a fortune to fix? My dad has looked for the man hole but thinks either the previous owners have patio'd over it or it's shared with next door. Totally stressed ....got little funds at the moment.

Does this mean that the pipes could burst or something? As you can tell I know very little about this! I'm guessing the water board won't help because it's my responsibility

Advice anyone.

Sponsored Links
If you were local to me, I would charge you £90 fix price. No fix no fee.

Phone around for a fix price to unblock your manhole/gully.

Andy

Water Authority will not be happy with pouring that down the drains!

Sponsored Links
Careful with any acid. If it's sand and gravel blocking the trap at the bottom of the gulley, acid may well not clear it and you'll be left with the stuff sitting there and/or going everywhere. You don't want it on your hands, clothes etc.
You can try plunging away with a drain rod with a rubber disc which "fits" the vertical part of the drain, use a drain gulley scoop, or get some long rubber gloves, a bent spoon and a peg for your nose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back