URGENT door sill area advice pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! I got a "builder" doing my extensions for me (traditional build) and I need some advice on the best way to construct the area directly under the door.
Construction is inner wall 100, cavity 100, outer wall 100.
At the moment all walls are built, roof on but the area under the external doors ( front and back) are just left at DPC level at the door opening width.
The floor joists are in so I know where the flor level will finish.
The builder had already fitted the rear door frame and door (badly) but how to deal with the area under the door??
Do I need to first remove the door frame? should that really go in first ??
Do I just build brick/block to under door frame level, keeping the cavity at 100mm or do you put a concrete sill accross both?
Do you bridge the cavity with anything..I know this is cold bridge but I dont have a clue how this area should be designed.
I have looked online for section details but failed to find.
Can anyone point me to some good section drawings I can show the builder guy,I dont want him doing some cover up job, this is my house and I want it dry and warm as long as possible :)

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back