Urgent help needed - leaking boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. I have a leaking boiler and have had to switch off the water to the house.

The leak has been getting worse over time, but now it's really bad.

It's coming from the hot water outlet on an ariston boiler. I've unscrewed the nut which connects the pipe work to the boiler and found out that there isn't any kind of rubber seal? What I did find on the boiler end of the pipe is this strange mesh thing (filter?) which goes inside the pipe and I think is supposed to provide some sort of seal, between the connecting pipes. It looks as if the seal/o ring part of this mesh thing has disintegrated and thus causing the leak.

Does any one know what this mesh thing is?

Sponsored Links
it is a filter, why did you not sort this problem when leak was less severe, have you had the boiler serviced ?

lol - very funny, I did the bloke who installed it kept coming over and all he did was tighten it. Useless idiot he is, i had a feeling he was doing a half arsed job.

Ok, so its a filter, but where can I purchase one and does it have an industry specific name?

just go to your local plumbers merchant with the make and model of your boiler and all will be sorted :)

Sponsored Links
Lol - thanks for that pretty useless advice, I really hadn't of thought of that in a million years. (looks at the ceiling).

Can someone tell me specifically what they are called and a website I can purchase one from please. pretty please.

Lol - thanks for that pretty useless advice, I really hadn't of thought of that in a million years. (looks at the ceiling).

Can someone tell me specifically what they are called and a website I can purchase one from please. pretty please.

It's called - wait for it... a water filter :rolleyes:

are you def lep :?: It`s an outlet filter gauze/washer for the hot water on an Ariston Boiler - if you can`t hear me I`LL SHOUT NEXT TIME :mrgreen:....... www.ariston.co.uk

You come on here asking for free advice and then treat everyone like some piece of ****e you’ve just trodden in, looking back at your previous posts it seems this is the only way you know to communicate with people, how sad.

images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back