Urgent Help please - carpet seaming problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We were persuaded to buy a 12ft wide carpet for our 14ft lounge/diner as the salesman told us it would be microseamed by the manufacturers & the join wouldn't be visible but after waiting for months, the carpet fitter arrived with separate 12ft & 3ft pieces! The fitter says he can do as good a job as the mrfrs but then why did the salesman suggest it in the 1st place?
The carpet is costing us over £3000 & we don't want to accept 2nd best.

Does anyone know if it's true - what the fitter is telling me? Is there any difference between factory and on site seaming?

Sponsored Links
no idea,perhaps tell the shop that they can go ahead and lay the carpet but if you are not happy with the results they will have to take it up and sort the problem out.

many moons ago,i used to work with a guy who was originally a carpet fitter and watched him many times SEW carpets together etc,WOT A GUY you couldnt see any seams at all.

onsite seaming is normally alot better than manufacturer. However the installer needs to be of a good standard to start with.

I take it that your carpet has come 3.66 wide (12 foot) and the seam needs to be on the width. Carpet MUST only be joined on the width, cross joins on the length will fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back