Urgent help please - Nest 3rd Gen Thermostat

when you press the button on the heat link the boiler turns on however it doesn't turn the heating or hot water on so im guessing I have either missed a link or connection.
For the boiler to operate and yet not provide heat to either the heating or hot water there are only two possibilities:
a. either the existing system has never worked, or
b. you have done far more than just remove the programmer and fit the Nest instead.

Clearly heating systems are more than just wiring though!
The electrical side of basic heating systems is just a set of switches, and really isn't complex or difficult at all.

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something here as I thought this was a site for help and assistance rather than criticism and sarcastic comments.
Just
to let you all know I did get a professional in and he admitted he had never seen such wiring set up. It took him nearly four hours to fix the issue but did actually say I wasn't far short of getting in right. The wires I thought were coming from the stat were actually linked to hot water cylinder. Now all sorted and thanks to those of you who actually did give advice!

The wires from your room thermostat were linked to your HW Cyl ?????

Sponsored Links
Sometimes it's impossible to solve problems over a forum without being physically able to inspect and test the installation. Even the guy who could could still took 4 hours to sort it out.

So, basically we knew how it should have been wired and expected it to be so. You didn't know how it should have been wired in order to tell us something was wrong, and threw a couple of red herrings into the mix as well. The reality would appear that it wasn't wired as it should have been to start with.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted in the end (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back