Urgent help required regarding boiler loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very grateful if anybody could advise me on what to do regarding the loss of pressure in my Worcester Bosch oil condensing combi boiler (heatslave 18/25).

I am at aloss as what to do next. The pressure drops rapidy (over 5 hrs) from 1.5 bar down to 0.5 bar when the heating/hotwater is on. I refill it and still does the same. When the bar is at 1.5 and I go to bed with the heating/water off, the bar still drops to 0.5.

I have had plumbers round and I have replaced the pump and bled the radiators numerous times. It is not leaking out the PRV, it is not the expansion vessel and I don't believe that it is the heat exchange. The plumber did say that he had isolated the boiler (although he did this over 2 hrs and perhaps it needs to be left isolated over night?) and there was no probs with the boiler.

There are no water leaks in the house. There does however still seem to be air in the rads/boiler (can hear rumblings in the rads). I don't understand how this air is getting in and how I get it out (could it be something to do with the rad valves, as I did put new valves on recently - no signs of water leaks though?).

With the heating on, should I turn all the rads off apart from 1 and then carry on doing this until 1 of them causes the pressure to drop?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back