Urgent help with cannon Carrick gas cooker required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cannon Carrick gas cooker. Whilst moving things around in my kitchen a plastic container dropped inside the vent at the back of the cooker. Intending to remove this later I went out but forgot about it and only realised what the horrendous smell was after 2 uses of the oven.
Can anyone explain if I can remove side panels to access this area. My husband checked out the back panel but thought it looked like there were electrics etc Which we wouldn't like to disturb.

I really don't want to risk my kids breathing the horrid smell from the burning plastic as the baby is only 7 months so will not use oven at the moment.

Please help

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you may have dropped it into the oven flue, not familiar with that particular model but I assume not accessible via the side panel. If it is the flue you will require a qualified engineer to delve that deep into the appliance. That may well be a sealed unit it might not be economic to replace/ repair the part.
Try Cannon customer service to see if they can confirm what the "hole" it went into is.

I suspect they will be the only people that would be interested in sorting it out too, few gas engineers are interested in cooker repairs these days I'm afraid.
C Heating is more lucrative and spares much easier to get.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back