Urgent new boiler advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone give me some urgent advice?

My central heating bloke has damaged my 11 yr old Vaillant 242 combi boiler beyond repair and has agreed to buy me a new boiler and pay for someone else to fit it.

He is proposing to buy an Ideal I-Mini 24ke today and is waiting for my approval

I cannot find reviews for this boiler, is it any good and anywhere near the quality of my vaillant

Huge apologies if i have posted this in the wrong section

Sponsored Links
bet thats an interesting story, if you (ex) installer is willing to buy you a £700 ideal why dont you put an extra £4oo and get another vaillant, at 11 years old your old boiler was probably getting near the end of its reliable life anyway.

:LOL: very interesting story!

He says ideal are same standard as vaillant, i am not so sure.

That sounds like good advice, put some extra in for a vaillant, have you any idea which vaillant is roughly equivalent to the one i had? I am looking online, saw a vaillant ecotecpro 24 but to be honest i have no idea what i am looking at

The ecotec pro 24kw would probably be closest to your old boiler, ideal the same standard as vaillant :eek: I dont think so, ideal is the cheaper end of ther market.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks so much for the advice. He says he will get a vaillant if thats what i want (we are texting as i get advice on here).

He is now suggesting a Worcester greenstar 24i has anyone any advice on whether this is a decent equivalent to my existing vaillant? Many thanks

Another cheap boiler, why wont he get the vaillant you asked for?

He will if i insist, i will tell him no to the greenstar then, thanks again!

How can I tell if my existing boiler is a 24kw or a 28? The paperwork seems to say it could be either

if he has broken your boiler & is going to get someone else to fit it, then i think you should stop calling him your central heating guy as he plainly doesn't know what he's doing, so post up what he did we will embasses him for you.

with the details you supplied he would already know if the orinal post referred to him. stating the nature of the emergency isnt going to change anything.

besides i love a bit of name shame :)

Why doesn't he get you an 11 year old Vailent off Ebay for 60 quid?

New for old is crazy - you are ripping him off. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back