Urgent new boiler advice

I am not publicly shaming him because he is holding his hands up to his huge errors and is doing the right thing by replacing a good boiler with a good boiler. He messed up in a big (and very wet) way but he admits it and isnt trying to get out of paying to put things right and i admire him for doing that.

Sponsored Links
If he crashed your 11 year old car would you expect him to buy you a new one? Why are you taking advantage of him?

We all wonder what he did so that it might help us to avoid anything similar!

None of us have any idea who he is or even where you live for that matter!

If he is qualified to fit boilers then he should be installing any replacement boiler.

If not qualified then he should not have been touching your old boiler anyway.

Why no give details of what went wrong?

Tony

Does he know it'll cost him £2k? How could he completely destroy it anyway? A bit of a leak is hardly excuse for a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
He doesnt sound like a cowboy at all. If he was a cowboy, he would be running for the hills right now.

Holding his hands up and replacing the boiler for nothing is a sign of honesty in my eyes. Everyone makes mistakes.

I do agree with Joe though. I think goings halves on such an old boiler would be fair. If not, I would be giving him a nice tip

As said, make sure he is Gas Safe but that goes for any gas work, not because of his actions.

if i broke a boiler it would be far cheaper for me to fit whatever i broke rather than a new boiler blah blah... something smells here

He may have done more than £700 worth of damage, maybe the new boiler is an easier way out of his predicament.

A claim this size would go through his liability insurance. Does that mean he doesn't want to put it through or he's not insured?

I suspect, though, this story might be partly or wholly fabricated.

I smell a King Rat !

Well I did go to see the pantomime at the Hackney Empire last night!

Blimey, what a strange lot some of you are!

I am very grateful for the specific advice i received in answer to my specific questions.

Maybe coming across someone who holds his hands up and does the decent thing is so rare to some of you that you have to question the truth?

Whatever, as said i am grateful to Picasso for answering my questions promptly and politely, i will leave the rest of you to your conspiracy theories.

It's no conspiracy - just get it fixed. :rolleyes:

Maybe coming across someone who holds his hands up and does the decent thing is so rare to some of you

The 'decent thing', to some of us, is to operate as bona-fide, paid up, registered and regulated tradesmen with adequate insurance to protect our customers in the unlikely event we f*** up like your alleged bloke.

You court conspiracy theories by the vaguery of your post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back